Employee Vetting and Training – Leveraging the Multiplier Effect
A common refrain I hear from farmers is “Managing people is so much work; I wish I could farm alone.” Hiring and managing employees is one of the greatest challenges of any farm. But in order for your business to grow, you need to leverage the abilities of others. How do you implement strategies that reduce stress and make sure that your employees are being effective?
Are you an investor or non-profit and wanting to start a farm or expand your operation? Do you need to scale and are hesitant to hire middle management? Or are you looking to hire your first employee and don’t know where to start?
We can vet employees, help you set up training and systems so your new employees succeed, or walk you through what needs to be done to hire your first employee. Adding employees to your farm is what helps you scale and multiply your effort on your business.
Do you struggle with?
- How to attract the right team members that stay for multiple seasons and are invested in the business
- How to weed out the “crazies” when hiring and onboard new hires quickly
- How to craft a compensation package that makes the employee feel valued while still allowing you to be profitable
- Leading a team
- Writing employee manuals and implementing Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintaining employee morale during the season
- Training key team members so you don’t have to manage the day-to-day operation and can focus on working on the business instead of in the business
- Knowing if, when, and how to release team members that aren’t working out